Monday, December 3, 2007

Thanksgiving!

This post is a little late, but oh well. Thanksgiving was great! We spent the holiday up in Lufkin with my family this year. We drove up on Wednesday and Dad and I were able to play 18 holes before the cold got there. Golf was pretty good...we both played pretty well on the back 9 and had a good time hanging out. The cold front did blow through later that night, so we woke up to a chilly Thanksgiving morning, but it was a clear day thankfully. In my opinion, from Thanksgiving to New Years, it should be cold outside...so I actually enjoyed the weather! It was perfect for frying a turkey while drinking some cold beer outside. My Uncle and his wife drove up from Beaumont and my cousin flew in from Illinois with her 3 month old baby girl. We haven't seen them in quite a while, so it was fun to catch up with them and enjoy Thanksgiving together. My sister, Lindsey, ended up driving over later that afternoon, and my grandmother Mimi lives in Lufkin, too, so she came over as well. Everybody brought over some great food and Dad and I fried a our best turkey yet. In keeping tradition, Thanksgiving evening included drinks and game night...lots of fun!! Dad and I played some more golf Friday, which may not have been our best decision...it was really cold that morning! Saturday was more of the same but with more rain. Unfortunately, Leigh had to do a 10 mile run for her marathon training in that weather. I wasn't sure she would actually go through with it, but she did awesome and completed all 10 miles...very impressive!! We headed back Saturday afternoon and got the house ready for Christmas. All in all, it was another great Thanksgiving...always is! Happy Holidays to everyone!!

No comments: