Monday, December 24, 2007

Injury Update

Leigh decided to get a second opinion on her leg injury by an orthopedic doctor last Friday. As I suspected early on, she does in fact have a small stress fracture. Unfortunately, she won't be able to run the Marathon in February. She's suppose to avoid running for at least six weeks and then see how it feels. She's pretty bummed out about it, but she'll keep supporting Dana and Adria throughout their training.

Leigh had done a great job in her training up to the point she got injured, and I think she learned a lot of lessons about taking her of her body both pre and post-training. I suspect she'll give it another go soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt and Leigh! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

Leigh, I am very sorry to hear about your news with your injury. I'm sure that is not what you wanted to hear. Take the time to let your body heal and you'll be ready for the next one in no time at all!

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I wish you a speedy recovery and a very happy 2008!

Kristen