Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Point Guard anyone??

You know, over the last couple seasons, I've defended Rafer Alston as the Rocket's point guard. I've always thought with T-Mac and Yao, we didn't need the rest of the team to be great shooters...just decent shooters. And I feel like Rafer has given us that. He's not going to score a lot, but he can give you some assists and maybe 2 or 3 from behind the arc. However, after watching him last night against Memphis, then tonight against LA, I don't know what to think anymore. I mean, his shots don't really seem to be even close right now...and it's painful to watch. With the new offense, it seems like he's getting more looks, but he is struggling terribly right now. Mike James has been streaky at best, and Stevie has yet to get off the bench. It's going to be trouble if these guys don't start knocking them down. Aaron Brooks may get a chance sooner than expected.

The other bad part about tonight's 3-point loss to LA, was T-Mac hurting his elbow. He left the game, then left for the hospital! I guess we'll hear how bad the damage is in the morning...

No comments: